Wrest Point has an absolute waterfront location on the River Derwent in Hobart, Tasmania. It's Hobart's premier choice for holiday accommodation, dining and entertainment.
At Wrest Point you'll find all the facilities and services you'd expect in a top quality hotel and comprehensive conference venue. There's a variety of accommodation, great restaurants and bars -- with fine dining at The Point Revolving Restaurant -- as well as mini-golf, a beauty salon, pool, health club, and even a boutique casino on the extensive complex.
Wrest Point Entertainment Centre opened in 1982 and is a purpose built entertainment centre for staging live shows to an international standard.
The Show Room was opened in 1973 as part of the original Wrest Point complex and as such it is one of the first show rooms in Australia.
Both venues can easily be arranged to hold standing concert events, theatre style seated events and cabaret events with table and chair seating. The venue can also host outdoor concert events on the lawns beside the picturesque Derwent River.
Both the Entertainment Centre and the Show Room house their own purpose built bars and in addition to this the property offers a range of bar services for pre and post concert drinks:
- Onyx Bar - located adjacent to the Entertainment Centre
- The Point Cocktail Lounge - located on the 17th floor
- Pier One Bar - located on the waterfront down the main stair case from the Entertainment Centre
- The Casino Bar - located just outside the Show Room
- The Birdcage Bar - located in the main foyer with live entertainment every night